It’s About Time: Baselworld
Follow Jason Godfrey as he uncovers the best mix of haute horlogerie and latest trends to emerge from Switzerland’s epic annual watch and jewellery fair
Beginning 20th July, Life Inspired viewers have the chance to tune-in to a remarkable journey through the world of time. Host Jason Godfrey forges a one-on-one relationship with the world’s top watch brands as he discovers the intricacies behind making a brilliant timepiece in this season’s new must-watch show, It’s About Time: Baselworld!
It’s About Time is a two-part half hour series that starts with Jason getting a first-hand experience in the craft of watchmaking as he visits workshops and museums at the birthplace of luxury Swiss watch industry, ‘Town of Time’ La Chaux-De-Fonds. With a newfound appreciation for the art of horology, Jason then turns to Baselworld Fair, the place where trends for watches and jewelry are cast and presented to buyers, the media community and watch enthusiasts on what constitutes cutting-edge design and precision.
Throughout his Baselworld journey, Jason will speak with leading watch brands such as TAG Heuer, Tissot, Mido, Zenith, Bell & Ross, among others to learn about their brand credo, design philosophy and key showpieces. And along the way, he starts to discover certain emerging trends from Baselworld 2014 such as: the use of aluminum as a light metal in some brands while titanium, ceramic and PVD continued to reign; solar energy was tapped in a big way; average dial size for men ranged between 40 to 43 millimeters while mini dials to the conventional 38 millimeters remained as popular size choices for ladies; and, square watches looked to be the new rage.
To top it all off, Jason gets a rare up-close-and-personal encounter, and even manages to wear some of the hottest timepieces showcased at Baselworld this year:
- TAG Heuer Monaco V4 10th Anniversary, a truly avant-garde creation that takes innovation to the next level by being the world’s first tourbillon watch driven by belts;
- Mido All Dial Gent Limited Edition 1918, a watch that combines pure lines of design inspired by the visionary architecture of the Coliseum in Rome with reliable precision of the brand’s COSC-certified chronometer movement;
- Tissot T-Complication Chronometer, a simple and elegant wristwatch devoted to precision thanks to its award-winning COSC-certified chronometer movement that is intended to showcase the brand’s mechanical watchmaking expertise;
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Grand Feu, a special tribute timepiece dedicated to the brand’s past with a retro styling that remains true to the originals Zenith used to make; and
- Bell & Ross BR 03-94 Carbon Orange, a limited edition featuring all of the signature markings of the brand’s aeronautical themes in its aviation and vintage collections
It’s About Time: Baselworld is the perfect edition to Life Inspired, a cutting-edge channel that empowers viewers with world class content, serving as an entertainment destination for Asian cosmopolitan trend seekers.
So stay tuned and join Jason Godfrey in It’s About Time: Baselworld every Sunday at 9pm starting from 20th July 2014 exclusively on Life Inspired, Astro
B.yond CH728. Visit www.facebook.com/litvchannel and stand a chance to win your own luxury Swiss timepiece!
(Life Inspired is also available in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Taiwan. For channel listing, please visit www.litvchannel.com)