Do’s and Don’ts of Bags
- Never mix prints. Printed bags are meant to be carried with solid colored outfits.
- Some fashion gurus insist that shoes and bags must always match. While some fun adventurous insist otherwise. So who is right? While like all other fashion trends, there is no rule; ensuring your shoes and bag at least go with each other always makes a difference.
- Sometimes carrying a nice formal hand bag with jeans and a plain tee can look quite glam. However the vice versa of carrying a casual bag with a formal outfit is plain disaster!
- Be cautious while carrying a light colored handbag when wearing a naturally dyed outfit. Colors from your clothes can transfer to your bags and these are quite difficult to get rid off.
Maintain your bags!
Whether your bag is from Louis Vuitton’s limited edition or off the streets, maintaining your bags is important.
- The best way to store leather bags is to stuff them with newspaper (this is to ensure they don’t lose shape) and place them in cloth bags. Most bags come with these cloth pouches. If you don’t have one, stitch up an old duppatta to make a cover.
- All other types of bags are best stored inside a cupboard. Keeping them outside can attract dust and contributes to fading
- If you have a stain on your leather bag, try wiping it with a damp cloth. If this does not help there are special cleaning liquids available in the market. Using your regular clothes detergent is a strict no no